Pages

Sub Sea Systems — Our World is a blog dedicated to the unique experiences of Sub Sea Systems — Immerse yourself in our incredible adventures, company culture, and innovative programs and products.

Subscribe to our Blog

Thursday, July 6, 2017

New Feature- Get to Know Sub Sea Staff!



Christina Azbill of Sub Sea Systems

Ever chat on the phone with someone, or start an email conversation, and wonder what the person on the receiving end is really like? Get to know the wonderful staff at Sub Sea Systems! We’re starting a NEW blog series, featuring our top-notch employees and partners.

Our first featured go-getter is Christina Azbill, Graphic Designer extraordinaire working at SSS’ headquarters in California. Christina’s awesome artwork and designs are featured everywhere across the Sub Sea family of products, from brochures to vehicle wraps, staff uniforms and more. If you work at a SeaTREK or Clear Lounge location, or have ridden on a FunCat, you’ve seen Christina’s work up close and personal! We asked Christina to share some fun facts about herself and her responses are below:

Clear Lounge graphic
What is your job at Sub Sea Systems?
Graphic Designer


How long have you been at your job?
7 years


What is your favorite part of your job?
Creating fun, inspired concepts with our marketing team.


What is the toughest part of your job?
Leaving for the day-LOL! Although I’m happy to go home and relax outside of the workplace, I really do enjoy my job, my career and the company I work for.


Do you have a favorite project?
I’d have to say that Clear Lounge was my favorite project. Working with the sign makers to design all the signage, the building wrap, and the interior graphics, (Smoothie Bar, Equipment Room, Briefing Room). Everyone pitched in to put it all together. Hannah de Bie (VP, Marketing and Communications) and I laid out and installed the decking for the top deck and stairs. All in all, it was very rewarding to see the finished product. Watching it leave was bittersweet. Also, helping to make the mini Clear Lounge model was fun! Crafting is my favorite thing to do.


Christina and Jordan
What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
Spending time with my family is number one! My daughter, Ashley and I like to spend time together in the garden. My son, Jordan is always asking to do things with me. He likes to go for walks, go to the lake and fish, or help me around the house with chores like watering the outside plants. When my son, James, is home, we spend time together at the table enjoying good food or playing cards, talking and laughing. I also find joy in spending time watching my animals play. We have three dogs, four chickens, a cat, and a horse. Although I adore all my animals, I’m drawn mostly to Phoenix, my Thoroughbred/Belgian Warmblood. We frequently walk around the neighborhood together. She has become sort of a novelty to our neighbors and has a few of them trained to bring her carrots and apples.


What are you most proud of?
I am most proud of the wonderful people my kids have grown to be, (two are grown and out on their own with one still at home, growing into a wonderful little man).


Christina Azbill family

Who is your personal hero?
I admire my almost 22-year-old daughter, Ashley, for her courage to follow her dreams. She is on her way to achieving her goal of becoming a Mining Engineer. I admire my 20-year-old son, James, who chose a noble path in the Navy as a Corpsman, and is currently in North Carolina at Camp Lejeune. I also admire my 8-year-old son, Jordan, for his heart of gold and courage to be true to himself, his friends, and family. They are all my personal heroes.


Wine or beer?
Whiskey!


We hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit about the person behind the designs at Sub Sea Systems. Next time you chat with Christina, you can ask her about her kids, her horse…or her favorite whisky. Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!