Pages

Sub Sea Systems — Our World is a blog dedicated to the unique experiences of Sub Sea Systems — Immerse yourself in our incredible adventures, company culture, and innovative programs and products.

Subscribe to our Blog

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Part 2, Get to Know Sub Sea Staff!


SSS Regional Coordinator Javi diving

Operating and managing an international company is not an easy feat– from time zone differences to language barriers and distinct cultural customs, international business requires a global team with a diverse skill set. At Sub Sea Systems, we’re extremely fortunate to work with exceptional regional managers who oversee our widespread network of operators and seek out new business opportunities. Javier “Javi” Fortunato is the Regional Coordinator for the Riviera Maya and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, as well as Belize. His easy-going nature, sense of humor, multilingual abilities, organization and attentive communication make him a tremendous asset to the Sub Sea team! We interviewed Javi so that you could learn more about him. Clearly, you will see his upbeat attitude shine through!


What is your job title and what do you do?
My job title is “Regional Coordinator” and I represent (proudly) Sub Sea Systems in “my area,” which is southeast Mexico (Xcaret, Xel Ha, Cozumel) and Belize. I’ve also had the pleasure of working with operators in Curaçao and Cabo San Lucas. I’m in charge of training, ensuring operations meet standards, and some P.R.- mostly spreading our vision and promoting the high level of safety and customer service at which all Sea TREK locations operate. I strive to provide first class service while performing these activities, every single day.


How long have you been working at your current job?
Since March 2014


How would you describe your job to someone you just met?
Me: “Have you seen those white helmets used to walk under the ocean?”
Someone: “Yes!”
Me: “Cool! That’s what I do” :)


What is your favorite part of the job?
Hard to pick a part when you love what you do! I’m also a Scuba Instructor, so I’m going to go with training, (especially the underwater part!).


What is the most challenging part of your job?
Ensuring operators maintain our high standards.

Sub Sea Systems Regional Coordinator Javi

What do you do in your spare time, away from work?
Spend as much time as I can with my 5-year-old son and my wife. In other words, enjoying my family.


What kind of music do you like?
Rock, pop, oldies (I’m from the 80s!) – Argentinian and Mexican Rock, anything with good rhythm.


What are you most proud of?
My son, Luca

Javi in a Clear Lounge t-shirt

What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
Everything that my father taught me, and said, and did… he’s right!


If you happen to visit a Sea TREK destination in Mexico and you see a gentleman in a Sea TREK polo– it’s likely Javi! You may also spot him driving around town in his custom Sea TREK car. Give him a big wave and shout “hola, Javi!”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!