Pages

Sub Sea Systems — Our World is a blog dedicated to the unique experiences of Sub Sea Systems — Immerse yourself in our incredible adventures, company culture, and innovative programs and products.

Subscribe to our Blog

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Happy Father's Day!




We’re celebrating Father’s Day by honoring the newest Dad in the Sub Sea System's family, Kyle Mayfield. Kyle and his wife, Veronica welcomed Wyatt Mayfield on January 27th. We asked Kyle some questions about his new role as Dad to Wyatt!

How did you find out you were going to be a Dad?
I had been away on business in Mexico, and I remember Vern giving me a piece of paper from a recent doctor's visit. It took me a sec to realize what I was looking at, and then it finally hit. It was a pretty awesome moment!


What surprises you the most about being a Dad?
The fact that I, me, have a child, the whole experience has been pretty surprising. I’m constantly learning something new about myself because of my son.


What’s the biggest change you’ve had to make, to accommodate your new role?
Time management and getting accustomed to being prepared for all the things this little guy requires…thank God for my wife!


What words of encouragement would you give to a friend who is about to become a Dad?
It gets better- you were a baby once and you turned out ok. But seriously, at this stage, even the roughest stretch can be forgotten with the littlest smile.


What three adjectives would your parents use to describe you?
What’s an adjective? Individual, entertaining, affable


What is the best advice your Dad ever gave you?
It’s only worth what someone is willing to pay; I don’t yet know how that will apply to parenting, but do you want to buy a baby?


What kind of activities did you and your family enjoy during your childhood that you intend to share with Wyatt?
Camping, hiking, skiing…being active and being outside


Wine or beer?
A chilled rose…c’mon, no contest- rocky mountain water all the way!


We wish all Dads a Happy Father’s Day, and hope you get a chance to enjoy your favorite activity… or at least, your favorite “rocky mountain water”!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!