Pages

Sub Sea Systems — Our World is a blog dedicated to the unique experiences of Sub Sea Systems — Immerse yourself in our incredible adventures, company culture, and innovative programs and products.

Subscribe to our Blog

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Part 7, Get to Know Sub Sea Staff



Introducing Sub Sea’s newest staff member and Graphic Designer, Myles Thompson. Even though he joined the team recently, he has seamlessly fit right in! Myles jumped into a full workload and has been producing amazing work since day one– including applying his extensive background in videography to shooting and editing promotional videos for our latest products– VR Snorkeling (DIVR+) and SolarCat Solar-Electric Catamarans.


Q: When did you first start working at Sub Sea Systems? 

In August of 2019, 3 days before my birthday.

Myles Thompson Military

Q: What did you do for work, prior to working for SSS?

I worked on a variety of freelance film & graphic design projects.


Q: What was your first project for SSS?

My first project was coming up with a concept rendering of the new DIVR+ system, in use in a swimming pool.



Myles Thompson Family

Q: Tell us about your family

I have a five-year-old daughter, Aria, who is intelligent beyond her years and is the cutest thing on planet earth. My mom, who does interior decorating, is basically a cross between every Hallmark mom and Martha Stewart… in short, she is amazing. My dad is my hero and idol; I joined the military because of how much I look up to him. He’s currently battling Alzheimer’s disease, but still maintains his daily quota of dad jokes.

Myles Thompson and his dad

Q: Where did you go to school? 

I went to The Art Institute of San Francisco.


Q: What do you do for fun?

I enjoy taking long road trips and spending time alone in nature, where I practice my photography. I also really enjoy freediving, when I’m able to.

Myles and Aria

Q: What are you most proud of?

My daughter Aria, of course!


Q: What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?

Anything is possible as long as you’re willing to ignore the naysayers. That includes yourself, sometimes.


Q: What would your co-workers be surprised to learn about you?

I don’t think anything would surprise them, they think I’m pretty weird.


We’re not sure we’d call him weird (although he does do some pretty realistic impressions of Family Guy characters), but Myles is definitely fun, and we’re grateful to have his positive spirit, incredible work ethic and creativity in the SSS office!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!